The Road Knights Car Club, Inc. is a local organization consisting of individuals who share a passion for cars and improving our community. The Club is open to all makes and models of automobiles, and special interest vehicles.
The Road Knights Car Club was established in 1959, thanks to Mr. Johnny Gaither. The club met at B (Reuben Burnett) and G's (Johnny Gaither) Upholstery Shop on All Saints St. in Frederick, MD. Johnny was the president. There were 15 to 20 members at that time. Later the club moved to Gaither's Alley (off of Bentz St.). In 1960, the 75-80 Drag Strip opened and both the Road Knights and Road Angels of Frederick ran the drag strip for the first year. Johnny also was one of the most popular racers at the drag strip, running a 1931 Chevy that was name "Mr. Stitchers." This car suffered extreme fire damage in 2007, but after eight years of work was fully restored by Grimm Automotive in 2016. For a few years, the car club was inactive. However, in 2008, thanks to Lonnie Duckett, Charles Wars and Gary Rollins, the Road Knights Car Club was reborn.